Sunday, January 22, 2006

Tim Courts, pounding out his path.

It's incredible to me to watch a guy like Tim Courts, because if you try to keep up, he can take your breath away with so much movement.Then again, maybe I should, since I need to lose weight, a day with Tim might just do me a whole lotta good...

When you talk about a man who is everywhere at once, you could be very well talking about this guy. It might make you wonder if our friends in Point Pleasant are on to something, with the Mothman thing.
Almost every time I look up in a musical situation in this town, smiling back at me is Tim Courts.
First of all let me say, that if you are seeing him, you are listening to one of Charleston's newset treasures. This brother's got the goods, he's a great drummer, keyboardist and arranger and he utilizes all these skills when he is involved in any number of his musical situations.
With jazz legend Bob Thompson, Tim can be heard playing pile driver drums,with First Baptist Church, he swells the keyboards, directs the choir, and they all make a joyful noise, and I know that he works 'em hard because my daughter Kendra is one of his choir members, and I know personally how great a singer she is.
The deal here is that Timmy Courts is pounding out his life path, and that path is set on loftier heights.
When you have the great Winston Walls, and Bob Thompson as your mentors, unless you just don't give a damn, which way do you think you're goin'?
I've known Tim now for a few years and I feel happier everytime I see him because he seems happier to be doing what he's doing, making music for the masses... literally.
If you can slow down your vehicle long enough, somewhere in this town is a young man who is making music that gives you a reason to be here, and that man is Tim Courts.Be sure to catch him, you'll be glad that you did

To be sure, I know that you can catch Tim most Tuesday's with Bob Thompson at
Legends
806 Kanawha Blvd.
Charleston WV, 25301
342-2699

Also. Tim and the great First Baptist Chuch Choir
Shrewsbury St.
Charleston WV, 25301
This is a beautiful church with the friendliest folks, head there for Sunday prayers.

Supprort Live music today tomorrow and always...and that would include going to church services. It's joyful for a reason.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charleston Catholic / Clay Center Project said...

Tim rules! He was in High School around the same time as my brother, and they both played drums for a group called STARS -- remember that? Seems like a bazillion years ago. Anyway, Tim was awesome then and I have seen him here and there since then. He only grows more impressive with his skill as a drummer. He and my bro have gone entirely different directions with the instrument, and it's interesting how they've both grown since the days of STARS.

Geez, was it that long ago?

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home